Bicycle Mechanic approx. 50% (m/w/d)
About the Company Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and to change the world by getting more people on bikes. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast - turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world and have a blast while doing it!
Position: Bicycle Mechanic
Location: Trek Bicycle Store Hamburg Eppendorf
Job Type: Part Time approx. 50%, Permanent
Reports to: Store Manager
About the Role
As a Trek Mechanic, no one day is the same as the last. This job is all about caring for bikes so their owners love riding them. You’ll troubleshoot repairs and service all kinds of bikes, and you’ll be the first to have your hands on brand new models before they hit the sales floor. Most importantly, you’ll build relationships with people who trust you to keep their gear running flawlessly.
We’re looking for a teammate with stellar customer service, a willingness to learn, and a real motivation to build skills as a technician. Because you’ll constantly working on bikes.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Self-motivation, a positive, team-focused mentality, plus a willingness to pitch in on any task
- Top-notch flexibility in order to provide great hospitality and get customers back on their bikes as
quick as possible
- Impressive attention to detail and a love for tinkering ‘til you figure it out
- Eagerness to learn the ins and outs of servicing bicycles
- A desire to continually learn proper service methods and new technologies
- Backup of the Tech Lead/ Service Advisor
- Fantastic hospitality - a warm, approachable manner, great listening skills, and a drive to help in any way you can - even on the toughest, busiest days
- Duties as assigned by management
No bike is a surprise to you – you’re the expert in every field, including e-bikes.
Good German and English skills required.
- Two years shop level assembly experience or equivalent required
- Positive attitude and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Maintain daily production metrics and department goals
- Available to work some overtime including weekends to hit deadlines
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Basic Computer skills including Office and Email
If you would like to join us, we ask you to send us your CV and motivation letter detailing why you arethe right person for the role.
As a green company Trek prefers to hire local people to become our future employees.
Please send your complete CV Application to Miriam Di Maso, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org